Thursday, September 07, 2006

it's a wonderful life

Wah! Some way to spend a friday afternoon. I'm so glad I write a cricket related blog so I can gloat to the world.

At three in the afternoon on what ought to be a regular working day, #3 veterans jubbs, tayne, hui and me, along with anand are lounging on the terraces of the MA Chidambaram stadium, watching Sachin, David and the rest. As I write, Irfan Pathan has just belted VRV Singh for 10 off 3 balls. And all this sitting in a total comfort, as part of a small crowd of about 1000. Totally free.

And it's a six!!! IKP on a roll here, folks.

Here's the scene. The indian team, as part of its preparation for the upcoming tri series, is playing a practice match against a second string XI and the gates are open to the faithful. Two more sixes, and Pathan retires. Dhoni walking in, crowd going wild, it's all happening here, folks. Catch up with you guys after the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home